This video course is for writers interested in blogging. It lays out the basic principles behind building a blog which accurately and professionally expresses you as an author. You’ll learn about the ins and outs of digital copyright, best practices for guest blogging and outreach, and how to handle the dreaded comments section. This is a non-technical course that will give you a solid grounding so you’re ready to move on and build a site that authentically and powerfully promotes your writing, while minimizing angst, drama, and time commitment.
You will learn:
- What is a blog, as opposed to a website?
- What can it do for your actual writing skills and career?
- Advantages in terms of SEO, and what’s SEO; introduction to stats and keywords
- Kinds of blogging platforms: Squarespace, WordPress, Tumblr, Wix, Blogspot
- How to pick a domain name and branding
- How to make it professional
- How often to blog
- What to put in your blog
- Copyright issues
- Images (even for writing blogs, they are important)
- When to offer/accept guest posts
- The personal/impersonal balancing act
- Bloggability: what is it, when does it kick in?
- How to leverage your blog to promote your writing
- How to manage your time so it’s not all eaten up by the internet
How do you buy the course?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the course name(s) you want.
We will send you a payment link and once paid you will get the video/audio link of the course with any pdf handouts emailed to you!
Note: it can take up to one hour to process. If you do not get the link please check your junk mail or spam folder first. If you still don’t see it please contact email@example.com and tell us the name of the course you did not receive and the price.
Instructor: Lorraine Murphy
Lorraine Murphy owns raincoaster media and has her primary blog at raincoaster.com which typically receives millions of hits. She has been professionally blogging for others since 2006 including ayyyy.com and TheCryptoshere.com.