1) The Vancouver School of Writing (VSW)’s Mexico Writing Retreat has been listed as one of the best destination writing retreats in the world! CLICK HERE.
2) VSW’s 7-day writing retreat is annual and in its ninth year. It has expanded from one a year to four separate retreats in the winter months: two in January, one in February and one in March.
3) Our retreats are repeatedly lauded and considered unique because we give fabulous individual attention with intense one-on-one coaching. Each retreat is capped at no more than ten participants!
4) Several of our participants who had never published before have gone on to publish their first books or articles.
5) What we also ensure is that our retreat participants have fun! There are fun outings and restaurants to go to with fellow writers that everyone enjoys.
6) January & February are the most popular retreats – and the best weather – and if you put your $200 deposit down now for the following year you will get the early bird price of $750 and save $100 off the retreat fee.
7) The other reason to book in advance is the on-site deluxe accommodation at casacreatividad.com is limited and on a first come, first serve basis, which we will book for you. That said, we are happy to guide you to the best accommodation within walking distance of the retreat centre and might even be able to get you a deal!
8) This writing retreat helps people accomplish the most difficult of tasks, a long-form project such as writing a novel, memoir, screenplay, self-help book, collection of stories, or other long-form writing project. We review story structure, outlining and many aspects, that are worth reviewing to complete any successful writing project. We even give you a book to help you continue on!
9) One class of our retreat is devoted to the latest in publishing as everything is always changing in this new Amazon age of publishing. All your questions will be answered. When to go to a publisher or find an agent, when to self-publish, what platforms, how do you promote books, how to use a blog, how to get a following, audio books, etc.
10) The retreat was the subject of a popular book that came out earlier this year by our retreat facilitator, Kathrin Lake, entitled, The Happy Hammock, which is reviewed as “a hilarious romp” and also reveals how the retreats came about. The name of the town and other names were changed but participants who go to a retreat will go to several locations, attractions and meet characters from the book.
To HOLD Your SPOT for a 2019 Writing Retreat CLICK HERE read prerequisites and find the link to make your deposit.
OR EMAIL vswwriting@gmail dot com, use contact form below or CALL or TEXT 604-706-2388 with any of your questions. We will get back to you promptly.